Discover an exciting and emerging Incentive destination
Baku will deliver more than you expect! Just emerging in the Incentive market, Baku sits on the Caspian sea, has amazing natural salt resources, is famous for its ‘nodding donkeys’ and brings together stunning state of the art architecture and a UNESCO old city surrounded by a fairy-tale fortress wall. International boutiques and shopping malls sit alongside antique family houses selling carpets and there’s no shortage of modern restaurants, oriental tea houses and cocktail bars!
Why the Legendary Land of Fire?
The title of Legendary Land of Fire started in the mountains, when Azerbaijan’s endless supplies of underground gas seeped through to the surface and ignited, the flames continued to burn as long as the fuel continued to flow. However, after Soviet exploitation in the 20th century, most natural fires extinguished but its title still lives on in modern architecture, with the Flame Towers dominating the Baku skyline and a red flame as a centre piece of Azerbaijan’s state emblem. You will also find European, Asian and Middle Eastern influences in food, religion and culture. (Or, if you’re looking for something undiscovered but a little closer, take a look at Zadar – Croatia Without the Crowds!)
Read on for an Outline Programme of your Incentive to Baku!
Day 1: Arrival
Welcome to Baku!
- You will be picked up by private transfer from the airport and transferred to your chosen hotel.
- Your morning will be at leisure with time to explore the surroundings.
- Wine tasting and lunch in a newly restored historic mansion in Baku’s UNESCO World Heritage Old Town.
- In the evening you will have drinks in the highest bar in Baku overlooking the entire city and the Caspian Sea.
- Dinner will be Russian inspired with Vodka pairing throughout the meal!
Discover Azerbaijan's Oil history!
- Cruise on the Caspian Sea to see the oil rigs from afar.
- Learn about the oil history in the Caspian Sea.
- Visit the State Oil Museum.
- Petrol painting activity.
- Visit the State Art Museum and learn about the history of the oil workers.
- Lunch in a Waterfront restaurant.
- Traditional Azeri evening dinner.
A Day in the Country!
- Transfer to the city of Gabala.
- Trip to the “Seven Beauties” waterfall.
- Cable Car ride to the panoramic spots of the Tufandag mountain.
- Free time at the “Gabaland” Entertainment Centre.
- Afternoon tea pause at Nohur Lake.
- Return to the hotel.
- Evening dinner.
- Soviet Retro Car Drive to the Fireland Vineyards.
- Wine tasting and learn about the history of wine.
- Activities at Fireland Vineyards.
- ‘Nagara’ drums practice.
- ‘Zurkaneh’ Martial Arts.
- Architectural and cultural tour with the Museum Director.
- Final dinner and experience ‘cool’ Baku and it’s nightlife.
Day 5: Departure
- Leisurely Check Out.
- Transfer to the airport for your onward journey home.
City Centre Hotels
Typically, your incentive will include 4 nights accommodation in a 5 star hotel.
Why should you consider Baku, Azerbaijan?
Discover Baku ahead of everyone else! Along with the great opportunities to embrace the many cultural differences, why not theme your visit? Or film your own Bond movie around the oil fields – after all this is where the shots were filmed for ‘The World is Not Enough’!
Inspired? Let's talk!
Please provide some initial information along with a brief overview of your requirements and a member of our team will be in touch with you soon. Or, if now’s the best time for you to talk, call 07540 427063.