Experience Swedish Lapland and its gorgeous arctic surroundings
For those that are looking for winter adventure, or an alternative to a ski-ing incentive for your group with a great big WOW! – this Experience is for you!
Welcome to Skellefteå in Swedish Lapland
Everywhere in Swedish Lapland nature is just around the corner, and Skellefteå is no different. The Skellefteå River flows straight through the city centre and in the surrounding area there are vast forests, lakes, cliffs, marshes and open spaces which all combine to create easily accessible and fantastic driving and wilderness experiences. During the cold and snowy winters the amazing northern lights can sometimes be seen brightening otherwise dark skies. Skellefteå is only a 15 minute drive from the airport.
Take a look at our suggested Itinerary below:
Day 1: Arrival
Transfer from Stockholm Arlanda, connect internally with SAS or Norwegian Airlines for a direct flight to Skellefteå.
- Private transfer to the hotel and check in
- Collect your arctic clothing and unpack
- Meet your fellow travelers and the Top Dog team in the lobby for a welcome drink, followed by dinner.
- During the programme, we will do our best to see the Northern Lights
Day 2: Full Day
Adrenalin on ice!
- Transfer to a vast lake which, in the winter, transforms into a frozen playground!
- Coffee, safety briefing, and completion of waivers.
- Day of adventure driving Polaris off-road vehicles and snow mobiles, interspersed with lunch and huskie sledding around the lake.
- Traditional dinner around a large camp fire, in a warm wooden teepee.
- Relax in the sauna, and sip a glass or two whilst soaking in the hot tub under the stars.
Day 3: Morning
Experience the power of the sub arctic sea
- Early breakfast and transfer to Piteå to board the Arctic Explorer for a once in a lifetime experience of breaking through the ice in the sub-arctic Gulf of Bothnia.
- Opportunity to walk on the ice and, if you have the courage, pull on protective clothing and take a dip in the dark and cold waters.
- Explore the engine rooms of this remarkable ship, stand on the deck and chat to the skipper whilst rising and crushing through the frozen waters.
Day 3: Afternoon
Skellefteå Drive Center
- Transfer to the famous Drive Center
- Lunch, safety briefing, and completion of waivers
- Learn how to handle, drift and skid on the snow and ice, in a selection of Audis.
- Put it into practice around the tricky course, as well as trying your hand at off roading
- Return, exhilarated, to Skellefteå for dinner around the chef’s table at a fashionable restaurant.
Day 4: Departure
Time to say Goodbye!
- Leisurely breakfast and time to pack and check out
- Depending on your flight departure, enjoy the hotel’s facilities or wander around Skellefteå before transferring to the airport.
If you haven’t quite had enough of this beautiful country, we will be happy to extend your stay and provide an additional adventure – maybe a Wilderness Safari? See Additional Option below.
City Centre Hotel and Restaurant
Typically, your incentive will include 3 nights accommodation in a good quality 4* hotel centrally based within a 15 minute drive from the airport.
Why you should consider Swedish Lapland
We would gamble that very few people have visited this beautiful part of Swedish Lapland and – as it is still relatively undiscovered – we have been able to produce a programme that will excite, exhilarate and leave you wanting more. But, if you would prefer to drive in warmer climes, take a look at our Super Cars & Sumptuous Food programme in sunny Italy!
In the wilderness…
Svansele Wilderness Center
Optional additional day
If you have the time, why not extend your stay to include a Wilderness Expedition, which, as well as a visit to the Wilderness Center, you will continue your driving on ice with a Snowmobile Safari to the Wilderness Camp for dinner around a camp fire in a wooden teepee, followed by a sauna and a soak in a hot tub under the stars with a glass of champagne to end your unforgettable experience. Additional costs apply.
Inspired? Let's Talk!
Please complete the following form to register your interest in this programme and provide a brief overview of your requirements. A member of our team will be in touch with you soon. Or, if now’s the best time for you to talk, call 07540 427063.